Nothing beats a fresh and scent-filled ambiance. A fresh breeze is ever soothing and relaxing.Follow these scentful tips to get rid of difficult odors and keep your home smelling fresh and inviting throughout the year.
- Make a bespoke Gel Freshener. Making a gel freshener is quite easy. You need some essential oils like citrus and grapeseed, depending on the exact scent you want to reproduce, then, other natural ingredients available in your kitchen, such as gelatin, salt, and lemons; mix them, and you have a nice fruity freshener for your home. For more detailed instructions and proportions, browse the internet.
- Secret Jars. These hidden scent-makers are simple to do, and the results last for even longer. You can mix essential oils you have with baking soda and have them fill up stone jars. Place the jars in different corners of your house and breathe in as the walls of your home begin to give out the scents seemingly by themselves. However, you might need to keep the jars out of sight, as they are not perfect decoration accessories.
- Scent of Potpourri. Add any food items with pleasant fragrances into a pan. Use lemons, apple cider, vanilla extract, etc.; they all work perfectly. Add a cup or so of clear water to the pan and afterward apply heat on the burner. A warm and refreshing scent wafts off the hot mixture which gives your home a welcoming ambiance. This process works best at night as it's sure to make dinner smell enticing.
- Use Cleaning Products With Natural Ingredients and Favors. Go for cleaning liquids that have natural elements in their contents. Many cleaning products are plant-based and infused with the scents of ingredients like citrus, cedar, and lavender. Constant use of such products for cleaning the floors, windows, and even clothes will all add up to give every room in the house a distinct pleasantly fresh smell.
- DIY Lavender Air Freshener. Mix in a small container baking soda with dried lavender leaves and then shake it carefully. Add a bit of lavender oil too, and closed it up. Poke some holes in the lid to allow the scent to escape into the home atmosphere.
Try out these ideas to get that welcoming fresh and fruity atmosphere in your home. If you need more options of essential oils, visit any apothecary shop that is close to you.
Regardless of how clean your home looks, and how often you use the disinfectant wipe, those sneaky little germs still hide in your home. Of course, some surfaces always have germs simply because multiple people handle them throughout the day. These include faucets, outlets, and switch-plate covers, doorknobs and stair railings. You know to wipe these down, especially in cold and 'flu' season.
No matter how clean you are, though, some germs, fungi or bacteria hide in unsuspected places. A study by NSF International (an independent public health organization) points to dangerous Salmonella, Coliform, E. coli, and even human fecal matter on innocent-appearing surfaces in the average home. Other studies revealed Bacillus cereus, Staphylococcus, and even streptococcus hiding in plain sight. When you’re making up your housekeeping to-do list, consider giving these items special attention to root out the nasty bugs hiding in your house:
- Toothbrushes and toothbrush holder: If your toothbrush holder sets on the bathroom counter, microscopic droplets can land on it after every toilet flush, depositing bacteria and yeast fungi. The NSF study also showed toothbrush holders harbor mold too.
- Hand and bath towels: Surveys show most people do not change their hand or bath towels as often as they should. Testing reveals towels harbor E. coli after only two days.
- Lavatory faucet handles: Just think about it, you use the restroom, then touch the fixture with your dirty hands. Even after you wash them, if you use your hands to turn off the faucet you just re-deposit the germs back onto your hands. Lever-style faucets allow you to turn them off with an elbow or arm, but for the best option, think about installing hands-free faucets.
- Kitchen sink: One of the most essential surfaces in your home, the kitchen sink harbors both mold and bacteria. For best results, disinfect your sink and garbage disposal two to three times each week.
- Dish sponges or rags: When you use a cloth or sponge, you might just be wiping more germs back onto the surface than you remove. Change dishcloths frequently and clean sponges in the dishwasher or microwave.
- Countertops: (see above)
- Cutting boards: Food particles remain on wood or bamboo cutting boards, and any boards that develop grooves. Always wash off cutting boards, and periodically clean them with disinfectant or a bleach solution.
- Tea or coffee maker: Most avid coffee or tea-drinkers clean the carafe between brews, but germs can hide in and around the basket holding the grounds or drip/espresso mechanisms. If water sits in a reservoir, it can breed germs too. Periodically run a mild bleach solution (1 ounce of bleach to 1 gallon of water) through your brewing machines.
- Pet bowls: No matter what myth you've heard about dogs' mouths having fewer germs than humans, a pet's dish can test positive for salmonella and E. coli even if you cleaned it in the dishwasher.
We live with germs all the time, but sometimes we don’t notice them or the odors they carry. If you’re preparing your home for sale, consider hiring a professional house cleaner to give your home the best showing.
Regardless of whether you're buying or selling a home, it is important to keep your house looking great at all times. By doing so, you'll be able to boost your home's appearance and maintain or increase your house's value for years to come.
A professional cleaning service remains a popular choice for homeowners, as this service makes it easy for homeowners to enhance the quality and appearance of a residence. Finding the right home cleaning service, however, may seem like an uphill climb, particularly for homeowners who are searching for a professional cleaning service for the first time.
Lucky for you, we're here to take the guesswork out of finding the right home cleaning service – here are three tips to streamline the process of discovering the ideal professional cleaning service.
1. Ask Friends and Family Members for Help
Friends and family members serve as valuable resources, especially if you're searching for a home cleaning service. These loved ones may be able to offer recommendations based on their past professional cleaning service experiences, ensuring you can find a terrific home cleaning service in no time at all.
Ask friends and family members about their past home cleaning service experiences. This may allow you to find a trusted professional cleaning service, one that can help you transform your ordinary residence into a dazzling one.
2. Browse Customer Reviews
Professional cleaning services are readily available nationwide, so how can you differentiate a great home cleaning service from a mediocre one? Customer reviews, of course!
Yelp, Angie's List and other home service review websites can help you take the guesswork out of finding a professional cleaning service. These websites publish positive and negative home cleaning service reviews from customers, ensuring you can gain insights into various professional cleaning services that you may struggle to obtain elsewhere.
Spend some time browsing customer reviews online – you'll be glad you did! If you explore customer feedback from across the web, you can better understand what separates a wonderful professional cleaning service from a subpar one.
3. Get Support from a Real Estate Agent
Real estate agents offer expert tips and guidance to homebuyers and home sellers alike. As such, they understand the best home cleaning services in numerous cities and towns and are happy to help you discover the perfect professional cleaning service.
Furthermore, real estate agents may be able to help you find a home cleaning service that fits your schedule and budget. These agents understand that is paramount to employ a professional cleaning service that is available at dates, times and prices that work for you. Thus, real estate professionals will go above and beyond the call of duty to help you discover the right home cleaning service at any time.
A home cleaning service ensures you can eliminate dust, debris and odors from your residence. And if you dedicate the necessary time and resources to hire a professional cleaning service today, you can minimize such problems both now and in the future.